Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Menu Board

I recently made this menu board! This one is for my sister in law. I've got mine in the works now! I came up with the idea because my husband and I are both really visual. I've been seeing a lot of chalkboard ones on Pinterest but wanted something more! This way the kids can help pick the meals too!
I got a $10 frame at IKEA. Then all the other supplies I actually had in my craft closet. I used scrapbook paper and shiny cardstock. I also used a red envelope that I cut down for the "meals" to go in. I got put some velcro on the back of the sticky notes! I found those at Staples for $3!
I added a 2 1/2" Satin Ribbon that I put the clothes pins on. I painted the clothes pins to match the red! I then put the days of the week on the clothes pins! A hot glue gun will be your best friend for a project like this!

Then you can write your favorite meals on the slips of cardstock paper. The extras are for when you come up with new meals!




No comments: